Mosher Clan!

Mosher Clan!

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Auditions Suck... That is all...

So today was auditions for Clearfield High's Beauty and the Beast, and it totally took me back to my Junior Year when we did that show. The nervous, anxious feeling as I walked into the Little Theatre to Alyn and Mr. Aird and I sang my song the best I could. And then dance auditions and then call backs. I remember how terrified I was to be at those and how nervous I was, because I wanted to be Belle so bad! And I remember how excited I was when Alyn handed me Belle's music to sing at call backs. And then I remember how nervous I was as I went to look at the cast list after it had been posted and I saw my name and it wasn't for Belle, and I was so sad. I had wanted that role so badly and like most girls who had auditioned I had prepared my hardest for it. I will admit, I cried. Yup... not embarrassed about it, I went home and went downstairs into my basement and I cried. I learned a lot from the show and from my experience in it; but I didn't learn the most important lesson about casting until this past year when I had my own directing experience. It doesn't matter how talented a person is, or even how perfect a person would be for a part, if that one person doesn't fit with everyone else who would be perfect for the other parts, a decision has to be made for the show. And as much as it may hurt, and as much as you think that you should have had that part, the most important thing is the show. It always will be. That is part of being in Theatre.
One thing to remember for people who are auditioning, is to BE PREPARED! Ya know that song from Lion King that Scar sings? Yeah... works in real life too. I got a call yesterday to play for an audition THAT DAY! There is no way that I am about to drop everything I am doing to come and play for someone who I know does not prepare because this is not the first time that it has happened from this person. That really bothered me yesterday and even today I'm still kind of annoyed.

Anyway, things are going great for Jon and I. We got so much done! We did laundry, got Jon a haircut, got flowers for Sheri, got paperwork filled out and we went to Ligori's. When I was little and my mother and I would go up on Base we used to pass Ligori's every time and every time I've passed that place I've always wanted to try it! And talk about awesome! I loved it, it was super good. I can't wait to go back again, because I LOVE pizza!! We also went over to Nate's house before he got set apart as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! I cried as I hugged him for the last time. He is going to be such an awesome missionary, and I am so proud of him and his choice to do this. Well, that is all I should write as Jon and I have to write a bunch of papers for school so I will write later!

No comments:

Post a Comment