Mosher Clan!

Mosher Clan!

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

One Year!!

So as of March 18, 2012 Jon and I have been married for a year!! I look back on this past year and the math adds up but the memories don't. It just doesn't feel like it has been a year! I remember so much from that day, and even looking back on it, I just can't believe that it has been a whole year!!
We decided that since we really didn't have much of a honeymoon and because we are expecting our baby in July that we would plan a little getaway as a anniversary trip/babymoon. We booked a trip to Las Vegas for this past weekend. And on Friday Jon left early in the morning and I had to stay til later because I had a group project to present. So I dropped Jon off at the airport at 5:30 in the morning and then drove home and took a nap til school. Then after school, I drove home and my mum picked me up and she took me to the airport. My poor sweetheart had to wait in the Vegas airport while I finished up everything I had to in Utah.
So I get to the airport and I finally get on my flight and was on my way to Vegas. I got there after an hour and met up with Jon, we went to the shuttle and was met with this rude shuttle driver who was a jerk. Then we got to our hotel and got our room number and found out that among the four or five elevators (oh wait, they were called "inclinators" because we stayed at the Luxor and it was in the shape of a pyramid, and so the "inclinators" went at a 45 degree angle rather than just going up) the only one that went up to our floor was one of them. So we got on this inclinator and we went to floor 17, and then we had to go all the way around the building to finally find our room. We then went into our room and got all of our luggage sorted, and then we went down into the hotel but we also were tired because even though I had had a slight nap, Jon hadn't slept since 5:00 that morning when we had woken up for him to get to the airport. So we ended up deciding not to do anything that night and instead we just went upstairs and relaxed. We ended up falling asleep and then woke up the next morning. That's how tired we were!
Saturday we went down and purchased tickets for 'Tournament of Kings' and 'Menopause: The Musical', and we also got tickets to the Titanic Exhibit and the Bodies Exhibit. So we went to Titanic and walked through that, it was really interesting to see all of the different aspects of that ship! We were each given a person to go through with and then at the end we would be able to see if our person lived or not. I was given a woman named Madeleine Astor who was the wife of one of the wealthiest men in the US at the time. She was only 18 when she married her husband and they had gone on an extended honeymoon to Europe. But they got on the Titanic to go back to New York when they found out that she was 5 months pregnant. She ended up living after the ship went down but her husband was killed. Jon's person was someone who was named Dahl, he was in the third class on the ship and was coming to the US to be with his family, and he also lived. Jon and I were pretty excited that we had lived and that both of us hadn't died.
Later that day we went to the Tournament of Kings which was so much fun! We had the best tomato soup/bisque, and then they brought out our yummy food. We had to eat with our fingers though, that wasn't so much fun for me, but it was extremely fun to be there! We sat by another couple whose wedding anniversary was the same day as ours only theirs was 15 years ago. It was really fun to talk to them.
After Tournament of Kings, Jon and I had to rush to the other hotel so that we could go to Menopause: The Musical, and holy chalupa, it was so funny! There were some jokes that kind of went over my head but it was really funny. One of the performers was Paige O'Hara who was the Original Belle in Beauty and the Beast (the cartoon, not musical). It wasn't the most brilliant musical, but there were definitely some funny moments! We were laughing pretty hard at some songs.
We then went upstairs and went to bed, and then the next day was our Anniversary!! A whole year! (smiles!) So we got up and got ready and then we went and bought an all day pass to the buffet and ate our hearts out! I think I gained the weight my doctor wants now, tee hee! And then we went to the Bodies Exhibit! It was sooooo cool! I was loving it, to see how incredible our bodies are makes me definitely have a stronger testimony of my Heavenly Father. There is no way that there isn't intelligent design after seeing how intricate and perfect our bodies are put together! Then later that night we went on a ghost tour, we had to go to a different hotel to meet for the tour; and so after we found out that the hotel was three miles away and decided that there was no way I was going to walk that far in Vegas at night being pregnant, we tried our luck with a cab. So we told our cab driver where we wanted to go, and he ended up taking us to the wrong place after telling us he knew where we were going. So then finally he takes us to the right place after we told him he had taken us to the wrong place. He then took us to the right place but didn't take any of the money that was accumulated off of the tab. I was so annoyed. So we paid and then got out of the cab. We were able to split the cab ride back to our hotel with some friends who were staying at the same hotel that we met at the ghost tour. We had a really fun night for our anniversary.
The next day, was the day that we were finally going to leave! Jon and I were so excited to leave Sin City. We didn't realize how stupid it was for us to go during a time when it was going over two different Spring Breaks and St. Patricks Day. There were so many drunk people, some people were getting drunk at 10 in the morning! I was just in shock! But we finally came home and were able to sleep in our own bed. Pantomime seemed very happy that we were home. And it was wonderful to sleep in our own home and have our own kitty with us.
It was fun to go on a little holiday with each other, and just spend some time together. But I highly doubt that we will ever go to Las Vegas again. In fact, the only reason we would go to Vegas is if we absolutely had to stop there for gas on our way to California. We learned our lesson, and next time we will just stay at Anniversary Inn for the weekend. But next year we will have a baby, so we will probably just go to dinner next year. Either way, we are good. Jon and I realized that we are homebodies and that going to places doesn't really appeal to us as much as being home. Unless it's Disneyland, I could LIVE in Disneyland. Welp... that's about all for now.

1 comment:

  1. Britt, I am sorry your experience was less than wonderful, but I can assure you that Vegas can be PLENTY of fun for sober folks. If you ever decide to take a leap of faith and go again let me know. I will point you in the right direction.
    (First off....don't ever stay right on the strip - yuck! That's where the dirty, yucky people are) There are so many great shows and SO MANY awesome yummy places to eat. Vegas is one of my all time favorite places because I know how to do it right for my lifestyle ;) I will teach you the tricks. We will have to take a girls trip when your baby is old enough to stay at home with dad over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete