Mosher Clan!

Mosher Clan!

Sunday, September 1, 2013

September! Britt's thoughts at 3 in the morning...

Don't you hate when you wake up at three in the morning to pee and then you can't get back to sleep? That's the story here right now... So I figured I would blog on this newly September month whilst I drink my Sleepy Time tea in hopes of lulling myself back to sleep.

September is always a special month for me because this is the month that I met Jon for the first time. I had heard about him from friends while he was on his mission, but I never really thought much of it. When he came home he added me as a friend on Facebook and then we ended up chatting over the chat option on there. He and another one of our friends was at his house at that moment and he asked if I wanted to come over. So I did. I remember driving there and having the thought come into my mind, "What am I doing? I don't know this person... and here I am going over to their house..." but boy am I glad that I did now because it turned out to be the absolute best decision in my life. It was four years ago this month that I met my eternal companion for the first time and how grateful I am, that when he asked me to go over I didn't stop myself.

Every time I would even mention a new boys name, my mother would ask me if she could get excited and every single time it was a chuckle and then me saying, "oh no, mum... don't get excited". After meeting Jon that first night, we spent hours talking and getting to know one another and when I talked to my mum the next morning I told her that she could get excited.

So here we are! Four years after meeting and married for two and a half years. The years seemed to have flown by, and yet we've managed to do so much. We have gotten Jon through one degree, a year and half and he'll have his Bachelors and a year after that he'll have his Masters. We've brought a child into the world and we wouldn't give him up for anything. He is the light of our lives and we love him so much! We have battled my Postpartum Depression together and even though things were really rough we stayed strong because of, for and with each other and it's made our marriage that much stronger; we have been each others super hero and sidekicks all in one.

I am so proud of my hard working husband. He really is such a blessing in my life and such a huge example of perseverance. How grateful I am for the Gospel and the peace that it brings into my life and for the light that it shines on all of my doubts. I feel as though my motto lately has been: Life Comes at you Fast; and it really does, it's just up to us to roll with it and to let it mold us. It's amazing to see God's hand in all that we do and to see all the blessings that he's given us to get us where we are today. I love that in the midst of adversity and trials He is constantly there and He carries us through our hardest moments even when it feels we are alone. We are never alone.

I'm starting to get dozy now. Which is good right? As it's 4:13 am. I have 9:00 am church... that's going to be fun. Thankfully I just play the piano and don't have to do anything that's actually hard.

Here's some pictures!!


Jon and I had a picnic in my parents basement!



Right after we got Jon's car from Transwest. My daddy fixed it up for him!



Right after we got in a car accident in Oct of 2010. You can see my hospital wristband still on my wrist.





We took a trip to Levan Utah, and then went around to the Manti Temple!


No comments:

Post a Comment