Mosher Clan!

Mosher Clan!

Monday, September 16, 2013

Short and Sweet

Today has been a very long day! I think Liam is going through "terrible two's" early... Oh boy.... Heaven help me! This morning he woke up at 8:00... by 8:15 he was getting put back into bed because he threw two huge tantrums IN FIFTEEN MINUTES! How does that even happen? So I took him into his room and rocked him and told him that he needed to take an early nap and that when he woke up hopefully the day would be better. One of his tantrums was because he had opened his drawer up in the kitchen and couldn't reach what he wanted, so I tried to maneuver him around the drawer so that his arm could reach and he immediately threw his head back and started to basically convulse by kicking his legs and thrashing his arms about. And he has gotten into this habit of hitting me when I tell him no. So that's been a huge hurdle to try to leap over, he doesn't care about time outs, in fact he laughed at it when I first did it. Obviously a spanking isn't going to teach the lesson of "don't hit", so I'm at a loss. The only thing that really seems to make him calm down is putting him in his room, but I don't want him to associate him going to bed as he got in trouble. So that's out of the question. If any moms out there want to tell me their secrets, I'm more than willing to take them. Lately, we've been going into his room and rocking in the chair. That also seems to calm him down. Being a mom is seriously one of the hardest jobs there is! Although, I do have to rave on him! The other day he said, "love you" and gave me a kiss completely unwarranted! My heart could have melted. It's days like that, that make days like, these bearable!

No comments:

Post a Comment