Mosher Clan!

Mosher Clan!

Friday, September 20, 2013

Ready or Not... Here we go!!

Well. We have a pretty big announcement in the Mosher home! 

Baby #2 is due April 2014! 

That's right! We are adding another Mosher-ling to our little family!

When they say that no two pregnancies are alike, boy they were not kidding! Liam's pregnancy was SOOO easy. I was rarely sick, I had few side effects, I didn't show til I was about 30 weeks, his was a complete breeze. Which is why I didn't think that I would have a problem when Jon and I got pregnant again. Boy was I wrong. I think from the moment of conception I was sick. I have been nauseous at anything and everything. Even thinking about food makes me sick. For awhile I couldn't even see food on the commercials because it would make me sick. This pregnancy has definitely not been fun so far. Then to top it off I have a busy 14 month old that can run and make a mess of everything. Pregnancy is so different when I can't just take a nap when I want to like I could with Liam.

We had a little bit of a problem with our OB because he was in an accident and got hurt pretty bad and so I had to switch to a new OB for the first appointment which got pushed back because he had an influx of new patients while Dr. Hall was out of the office. But we got to our first appointment and Jon was even able to make it inbetween work and school! They did the ultra sound and there was our new baby! It was wiggling like a fish out of water and I'm attributing that to my morning sickness. Not going to lie though, it looked a little like a praying mantis... but a cute praying mantis!

Thinking about adding a new member to the family is a little daunting at times because it hasn't completely sunk in yet to me. I attribute that to me being so busy taking care of Liam, but there are days when I don't even think about the fact that I'm carrying another one of God's children. But then when I do really ponder it, it makes me completely overwhelmed at the fact that He trusts us enough to bring another child into our family. I guess we are doing a good job with Liam!


Liam is growing and growing and making us laugh everyday! This kid brings so much joy into our lives and watching him learn, grow and explore everyday is wonderful!! Lately he has decided that the laundry basket is the perfect place for my shoes. So all of my shoes have somehow ended up in the laundry basket. He also really enjoys making piles and then moving whatever is in the pile to a new pile, he can entertain himself for quite awhile doing this. I also gave up the battle for the third drawer in my kitchen. All of my measuring cups have gone missing (in the laundry basket with the shoes) and so I just put some of his toys in the drawer and it is now his drawer. Pick your battles right? He's a really fun little boy and he is going to be an amazing big brother to his new little sister or brother. Coming from a family where I was the youngest by a LONG time I'm really excited that he's going to have a brother or sister that is going to be close to his age. Someone that he can play with and be best friends with. I'm not sure if I'm ready to be a mom of two, but like the title: Ready or Not- here we go!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! That is so exciting. I'm sure you'll do great.

    So... Morning sickness. Granted, I'm not even through my first pregnancy yet, but I've been working with an amazing midwife and she has this crazy diet that eliminates morning sickness (and does other cool things, too). Anyway. She recommends that you not eat dairy - cow's milk, creams, soft cheese, ice cream, etc. In order to get calcium, I drink almond milk & eat hard block cheeses. Long comment. Just a thought. I love you and I hope everything goes great!

    ReplyDelete