Mosher Clan!

Mosher Clan!

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Blessing and other things

Sunday was Liam's blessing. And what a wonderful blessing it was. I was feeling pretty stressed as I woke up that morning and got myself and Liam ready. My mother and father showed up at about 9:30 to plug crockpots in, and Rachel came over at 10:00 to help me get Liam ready. So we gave Liam a bath and then put him in his blessing clothes. We then headed over to the church and I fed Liam and burped him so that he would be happy and not crying for the actual blessing. And then I held him, finally it came time for Jon to take him up there and bless him. The men in the circle were Jon, my dad, Jon's dad, Uncle Mike (Jon's uncle), Grandpa Carling (Jon's step grandpa), Grandpa Mosher (Jon's grandpa), and Bishop Leota. Jon was really nervous and said that he almost passed out walking up to the front with Liam, but when he started speaking he did a beautiful job. I was so proud of him! And I totally cried. It really was a wonderful blessing. Liam is so lucky to have Jon as his daddy and I am so lucky to have him as a husband. The BBQ afterward was a huge success. My mother is pretty much the most amazing woman I've ever known! She put everything together and planned everything and it was because of her that everything got done! And also a huge shoutout to my Aunt Gail, my cousin Ashley, my sister Stormy and to Rachel and Matt! Without them we wouldn't have had anything set out or put away. I love my family and best friends! I really have the best people in my life ever!

Two nights ago, I woke up at two in the morning and I had the worst tummy ache ever, and of course, I had food poisoning! The second time in one year, it's not been a good year. I managed to have some energy and so I drove to my mothers house at seven in the morning and I continued to be sick at her house so that she could take care of Liam while I was sick and Jon was at work. I was so incredibly ill, it was the worst thing ever, the only thing that would make me feel any better was sitting in the bathtub in hot water.  It was so sad to know that I could not take care of my baby because I was sick. I am so grateful that I have a mother who I can ALWAYS depend on, because I would not have been able to take care of Liam. And that makes me feel horrible, but I know that I would not have been able to. I am so glad that I can always count on my mother. I don't know how single women do it! I have a whole new level of respect of those mothers who do no have the support of a husband/significant other, or of a mother or father, or sister.
Finally Jon came home and he and my dad gave me a blessing and then gave me sleeping pills, and I was out. I woke up this morning and felt so much better! My stomach was no longer in pain, and it was wonderful! How grateful I am for the Priesthood and for a husband and a father who hold that Priesthood worthily.

I will post pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment