Mosher Clan!

Mosher Clan!

Monday, September 17, 2012

Insert Clever Title Here

September will always be a month that holds a special place in my heart. Three years ago this month, I met my eternal sweetheart. I will always remember that first meeting with Jon. I hadn't actually met him in person yet, but he was friends with a bunch of my friends and he had added me as a friend on facebook; later that night on chat we were chatting and talking about our friends and his mission and he asked if any good movies had come out while he was on his mission, so I mentioned a movie and he asked if I had it. I told him that I did, and he said that I should come over and bring it. So I told him ok, and then he gave me his address and so I got in my car and started driving to his house. On my way to his house a realization hit me: I had never met this guy before, and here I was driving to his house to hang out with him. I then wondered if I was totally crazy! And then as I pulled up to his house I thought, "yes, yes I am....". I got out of my car and walked up to the door, and rang the doorbell. He answered the door and I looked up into his perfectly clear, gorgeous blue eyes and I had a feeling that he was going to be someone special in my life. I didn't know then how completely right I was.
Everytime I met a new boy and would tell my mum about him, she would always ask, "Can I get excited?" And every time I told her nope. Well, the day after I met Jon my mother asked me that question and I told her that she could start getting excited.
How grateful I am that I met Jon three years ago this month. We had a very tumultuous courtship for the first couple of months that ended up in a break up for five months. But it was very much needed, we didn't know how to fight or argue with each other, so it always ended up with a break up. But after that five month separation, I knew that I wanted to be with him for the rest of my life. I am a very firm believer that a couple needs to have that fight, or that break from one another to decide if that person is someone that they truly want to be with.

Enough of that!
This week has been slow, yet exciting!
Liam got his first set of vaccinations. I think it was harder on me than it was on him. He was laying down so peacefully and the nurses came in and counted to three and then stuck him with the needles. And I couldn't stop my tears when I heard his cries. One of the hardest things about being a mom is allowing things to happen to my baby that hurt him, because I know that it is for the greater good. We came home and I just snuggled with him and he went to sleep. Later, Jon went to change him and noticed that the injection site was very swollen and touching it made Liam cry in pain. So Jon went to the store to get some baby tylenol and we gave Liam a dose, and soon he had fallen asleep again in my arms.

Saturday I had the opportunity to style Matt's mom's hair for her wedding! Rachel and I went over and Rachel did her toes while I styled her hair, then we helped her get ready and then we all went over to the church and proceeded to set up for the reception. The wedding was beautiful and it was lovely to see Matt's mom and her new husband looking so happy. I only met her this week, but it feels as though I've known her for awhile because of how sweet and welcoming she is.
The side of Renee's hair!

The back of her hair


We also decided what we are going to be for Halloween this year! I am not a fan of Halloween but holidays immediately became fun with a baby! Matt, Rachel, Jon and I have decided that we are going to be the Scooby Doo gang! With Jon as Fred, Me as Daphne, Matt as Shaggy, Rachel as Velma and Liam as Scooby Doo! We are so excited that we have even planned a party so that we can dress up and show off our costumes!! I think Halloween will be fun now that I have a house to decorate and make spooky for the Holiday. I'm going all out for Halloween because it's Jon's favourite holiday, but just you wait for Christmas, because I am even more excited for Christmas (which is in 100 days FYI!) and Jon will have no choice but to go all out with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment