Mosher Clan!

Mosher Clan!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Midterms

So this week, Jon and I have midterms, have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE midterms? I haven't? Wow... well it's cause I don't. And they couldn't have happened at a more annoying time in our lives. We are in the midst of The Complete Works of William Shakespeare [abridged] so having to study for three classes of midterms for me, and two for Jon and then having to do our group project and being ready to present on Monday is a little bit stressful, so I decided that I would take a break and blog a bit. We open tonight for Complete Works and I'm really excited, we had two nights of preview showings so that the cast could get used to working with an audience and how to react to them, I know during Nunsense I couldn't even do my quiz part another time without an audience. It's so hard to do a show that is audience based and then not have one! But they did great! I didn't realize just how nervous I would be, I'm so used to being onstage and just letting my nervousness and adrenaline take over to help me perform, but I didn't realize just how frightening it would be being in the back, and with being the director I have no way to escape my nervousness because I'm not on stage performing! But my cast really is awesome and I'm so grateful to have worked with them. Last night was only a preview show and yet, when they all came out to do their curtain call I almost cried! I felt so silly, but I really was getting emotional when I saw them take their bows. I know that I have had an awesome time doing this and I really hope that they all have too. I know I wasn't the best but I tried to have fun with it! And I really did have a wonderful time! I'm so excited for tonight!! Yay!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad that you directed a show. I wish we could come see it, but I have to work nights this weekend. :( Lame, I know. But I'm sure it will be great! Break a leg tonight.

    ReplyDelete