Mosher Clan!

Mosher Clan!

Sunday, February 24, 2013

For Not Believing in God, You Sure Obsess Over Him A Lot....

I most likely will not keep this post up for long, but it's about something that drives me crazy and I'm needing to vent about it.
I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Did I choose my religion? No, I was born into it. Have I chosen to remain a member? Yes, I have chosen to remain faithful and active in my religion- therefore its essentially the same as my choosing of my religion. There are some people who have not stayed active and have chosen something different for their lives. Some of my family has, some of Jon's family has, I'm pretty sure that everyone has at least one member of their family choose not to be a part of whatever religion they were born into.
Here is my rant: I don't want atheism shoved down my throat or some inconsiderate person telling me that I am not as intelligent as they are because they have chosen to forgo religion in their lives. Just the same as atheists don't want religion shoved down their throat or someone judging them for choosing to forgo religion. Most adults are considerate of others choices, and just because I may not agree with someone else's choice doesn't mean that I am going to judge them for that. Because I am an adult and understand that it is not my life and I don't care.
When a religious person stands up for their beliefs against an atheist they are considered rude, hateful, judgmental, close-minded, and are seen as a bigot. But when an atheist stands up for their beliefs they it's considered using their freedom of speech. So you are atheist and don't believe in a higher power. Good for you..... Do you want a cookie?
I believe in my God and I don't care if you do or don't. And for you being so sure there is not a God, you sure spend a lot of time obsessing over Him.
The Oatmeal made a comic about sucking at your religion, and it's pretty funny for the most part- til the end where he says to keep your religion to yourself. The same should go for atheism. You're atheist? Great! Keep it to yourself.

But I'm the religious one writing this so I'm automatically judgmental, close-minded and am considered a bigot because I don't want your atheism shoved down my throat.

Does anyone else see the backward logic in this?

No comments:

Post a Comment