Mosher Clan!

Mosher Clan!

Monday, June 30, 2014

Terrible Two's!

This too shall pass right?

Please tell me that this phase will pass....

Liam is turning two on Thursday, and it is very apparent that yes... he is in fact going to be two. Complete with the terrible two tantrums pretty much every day, over everything.

"Liam, please use your fork to eat your food not scrape the table."
Tantrum
"Liam, it's time to pick up your books"
Tantrum
"Liam, please don't sit on Duncan"
Tantrum
"Liam, it's time for bed"
Tantrum


Everything that this kid is asked to do, or told to do, or told to stop turns into an all out war. Holy Chalupa! Between him and Duncan being colic, there really isn't a time of day that is silent. I hear screaming constantly, whether it be from Liam throwing a fit or Duncan throwing a fit. I love my boys to death, I really do, but sometimes I want to just want to lock them in their rooms and take a breather. Today, I didn't even get a break with Liam, I put him down for his nap and instead of him taking a nap, he fussed and cried and screamed at me until I finally relented. I feel like my patience has grown exponentially with Liam, and then having Duncan be the colic child he is, makes me so grateful that I didn't have Duncan first. I know I've said it before, but God blessed me so much with Liam being our first. I could not have handled having a colicky baby while going through Postpartum Depression. I most definitely would have gone insane. Even now, hearing that constant screaming leaves ringing in my ears when they miraculously stop. I feel like a walking zombie most days trying to muddle through and get things done. I have so many people ask if I'm feeling ok and if I'm having the same "problem" as I did before, as if saying Postpartum Depression is a naughty word. Truth is, nope. I'm much better this time through. Exhausted, but that's to be expected, you know what Liam is like. I am able to get work done, even though it feels like it's NEVER done! I swear I cleaned my kitchen last week, and this week it looks like a hurricane blew through again. How does that even happen? Today, I cleaned my room and cleaned out a closet. Growing up, it never bothered me when my room wasn't clean, I'm becoming much more anal about my room and the constant flurry of clothes and Jon's endless number of socks was getting to me. It is most definitely not perfect, but I threw out two giant black garbage bags of crap and some boxes, and I have four or five bags to go to the DI now. It feels wonderful to dejunk your space and I honestly don't know how we've accumulated this much crap in our marriage. People! We've only been married three and a half years, and yet, we have so much stuff! I don't even know where half of it popped up!


I'm praying that Duncan will be my sweet toddler who will listen and follow directions and just be at my beck and call. Liam was such a sweet infant and then turned into a whirlwind of a toddler. Keeping this child contained is like an all out war, and I feel like I'm not even equipped to handle battle with him most days. I pick and choose what I will fight though, because honestly some things just aren't worth it. I've learned a lot in just two years of being a mom. This is seriously the hardest job I've ever done.



No comments:

Post a Comment