Mosher Clan!

Mosher Clan!

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Purpose

Wow!! So I have so much to talk about! First off, yesterday, Jon and I had the opportunity to go to the baptism of our sweet little cousin Abby! When Abby was born she was very sick, and wasn't expected to live past a couple of days, so it was an incredible experience to be there for her baptism. Every day for the past eight years has been a miracle for her and for her family. I first met Abby when Jon and I were dating and I immediately had a connection with this sweet little girl! She is so sweet and vibrant and so full of life. And right before the baptismal prayer Uncle Mike couldn't get the words out, and as soon as he started the prayer the Spirit filled the room, and there was not a dry eye in the room. And then when it came time for her confirmation, Jon was invited to go up and be a part of the circle. And I couldn't hold in my tears anymore, when I watched my sweet husband go walk up I just had a flash forward to way way WAY on down the road when we have our own children and he will give them their baby blessings, daddy's blessings, and baptizing them and confirming them.

During the confirmation prayer, something that Uncle Mike said hit me really hard. As he was blessing Abby with the gift of the Holy Ghost he said something along the lines of, "you have a great purpose on this earth, even though we don't know what that purpose is" and that truly touched me, I thought about this little girl who has lived a remarkable life for 8 years. And I think that one of her purposes is to give hope to those who don't have it, and to be a great example to those around her. There are so many people who love her and gain strength from her story. She is a beautiful girl and she is one who has truly put up a fight for her life. I wonder what it would be like if I were in that situation, and I honestly do not think that I could handle it as eloquently as this eight year old. I always say that the ones who are given the hardest trials are given those trials because they are the ones that God thinks can handle it. Which in my opinion is one of the greatest compliments. Because honestly, if God knows that you can handle it, what more do you need?

The other thing that that statement made me think of was, "What is MY purpose?" And after the baptism Jon and I went to the Jordan River Temple and I had the same thought that I do every week I go to the Temple. My purpose is to have and raise children in this Gospel, because nothing brings me more joy than being a Latter-Day Saint. I love this Gospel and for everything it provides!! I am so happy that Jon and I were sealed together forever and that we will eventually have children and raise them in this Church. I love my Savior, Jesus Christ and I love how selfless he was to give his life for my sins. And I am so grateful for the peace of mind and comfort that I get whenever I go to the Temple. I love the Temple and I love learning new things every time I go! I know what my purpose in life is, and even though it is not coming for QUITE awhile, I am excited to be a mummy and to be blessed with a Child of God to love and hold and take care of.
This was me at my baptism day on August 1, 1998! I was baptized by my brother Timy, and I waited for two months for him to come home so that he could baptize me!

No comments:

Post a Comment